To scan to a folder, you need to allow write access for Everyone or Network Service to that folder. For example if your folder is located in C:\myharddisk\myfolder\ you should give myfolder write access for Everyone. Follow the instructions below to do this:
- Right-click on your folder ("myfolder" in the example above) you want to save the scanned file to and click Properties.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Click Edit and select Write access for Everyone or Network Service.
Now use the following steps to set up a scan in Document Capture Pro Server (DCPS):
- Login to DCPS.
- Select Device Management and click Job List for your scanner.
- Click Add New Job.
- Type in a Job Name; this could be a reminder of which folder you are scanning to or a specific type of document you are going to be scanning for example.
- Ensure the Job Enabled on Panel setting is ticked.
- Select Folder in the Destination Type drop-down list.
- Type in the folder name in the Name field.
- Type the file path for the folder in the Folder field, e.g. the example used below C:\myharddisk\myfolder\
- Click Save to complete the settings.
- To start the job using the scanner's control panel go to Job List and select the name of the job you have created (Scan to folder in the example used above).
Back to Top